Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Sunshine

sunflowerPracticing contentment by remembering the graces of the week and practicing gratitude by giving.

I am thankful for this moment.  The house is quiet, GBaby is napping.  I have a moment to collect my thoughts and write, accompanied by a favorite CD I haven't listened to in some time and Cadbury Mini Eggs.

In our house the weeks leading up to the major Christian holidays, are a frenzy of activity as HandyMan works longer hours and the calendar fills with more engagements.  This Easter season is no exception.  I was particularly thankful to have a family night out on Friday night to do some shopping.  Dinner out was partially complements of a free meal coupon which is always a bonus.

I am thankful that HandyMan is understanding when I hit a day of zero-motivation and seemingly nothing gets done.  I'm thankful that I've learned to give myself the grace to have these days every so often.

I'm thankful for family that will pop in for a visit to dote on GBaby and friends who do the same.

I'm thankful for GBaby's grins, baby steps, fearlessness and excitement for bath time.  She fills my life.

I am thankful for my health and the health of my family.  I am thankful that my crocuses are blooming and the hope of warmer temperatures by the end of the week.

I have continued filling bags and am on track for our 40 bags by next Sunday.  It is great to be able to give.  We also received this week: more fresh eggs and super yummy chocolate cake :).

Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light.” (James 1:16) May the light of the Father brighten your week!
Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light.” (James 1:16) May the light of the Father brighten your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment