Monday, September 20, 2010

HV Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread

choczucc2A while back I saw a blog talking about incorporating black bean puree into brownies.  Intriguing. I already hide veggies in my baked goods, why not some extra protein & fiber. When I found this recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Bread, my first thought was "YUM!"  immediately followed by "how can I cut back the sugar and oil?".   I thought I'd try the black beans.  I have to say, it was a great success.  Unless you share your secret, nobody will know that this recipe has been healthified.  If Ihadn't made it I wouldn't have guessed it had zucchini, let alone black beans!


This is a very versatile recipe as it makes a nice muffin or breakfast bread.   You can dust it with powdered sugar and garnish with summer berries and serve as a pretty dessert.



Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread


Ingredientschoczucc1



  • ½ cup cocoa powder

  • 2 eggs

  • ¾ cup  Sugar

  • ¾ cup Brown Sugar

  • 2/3 cup oil

  • 2 cups grated zucchini

  • ¾ cup black bean puree

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • 1 cups All-purpose flour

  • 1 cup White Whole Wheat flour

  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

  • 1 cup chopped pecans


Directions:

1.  Combine sugars and eggs.  Add cocoa powder, oil and black bean puree and mix thoroughly.  Add in zucchini and blend.

2.  Add all remaining dry ingredients (combine in a separate bowl if that's your style).  Mix them up.   Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.

3.  Pour batter into two greased loaf pans or into prepared muffin tins.  Bake at 35o for 20-25 minutes for muffins and 40-50 minutes for loaves.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment