Thursday, May 27, 2010

Candle Shop: Craft Fair Warm-Up

candle logo quickenFor those of you who are relatively new to ThrivingMama, in addition to being the Mama, cooking, gardening and homemaking, I also have my own business: Charity's Candles & Crafts.  I make and sell soy candles through the internet, local craft consignments and craft fairs.  This week I have been getting ready for my "real" craft fair on June 12th and my "warm-up" craft fair this weekend.

The annual General Clinton Canoe Regatta is held every Memorial Day weekend in the nearby town of Bainbridge that draws hundreds of visitors to our little rural area.  While they do have a flea-market/craft area on the Regatta grounds, I've found in the past that the sales do not justify the time of prep and manning the booth.  But, Bainbridge also holds a Saturday morning market open to all to sell anything.  Given the combination of the crowds for the Regatta and the good weather forecast for the weekend - it promises to be a good morning for peddling my soy candles.  If you're in our area, you can find me there from 8:30 to Noon on Saturday!

And wherever you are -have a fun and safe Memorial Day Weekend!

~*~Thanks for visiting!  Subscribe to ThrivingMama via RSS or by Email and never miss a post!  Or follow me on Facebook!~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment