Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday Sunshine

sunflower Practicing contentment by remembering the graces of the week and practicing gratitude by giving.

As I sit here remembering my week, I'm ignoring the fact that it is May 9th and I saw snow flakes flying around this morning.  Instead, I will remember that it was 80 and beautiful on Wednesday and that the warm weather will return!  I put my clothesline to good use this week as I let our natural resources do the work for me.

On Friday and Saturday I was part of our local American Cancer Society's Relay for Life where our small, rural communities raised over $100,000.00 to go towards patient support and research.  Our goal as a planning committee had been $85,000 and we were all pleasantly surprised when the final numbers came in!  Relay for Life has been a big part of my walk through cancer and it was great to be there with my daughter and husband and celebrating my health.

On Saturday I was also able to take a part in a Hair to Share program in a neighboring town that was collecting ponytails for the American Cancer Society/Panteen Great Lengths program.  I've done Locks of Love before and had been growing my hair to donate.  What I love about the Great Lengths program is that the wigs come back to the communities and are distributed through the local ACS chapters.

I'm thankful for my Mom and I'm so blessed to be a mom.  I'm thankful for HandyMan who helps juggle the house so that I can be in and out at all hours with Relay.  I'm thankful for today.

It has been a full week.  I hope you can look back, and forward, to find the joy dotting your story!  Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light.” (James 1:16 -The Message) May the light of the Father brighten your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment